Friday, 22 April 2016

Review: Not In The Script by Amy Finnegan.


Thank you so much to the author for sending me a review copy of the novel.

SUMMARY AND SPOILER-FREE REVIEW:

"Emma doesn't remember how her life was before she became an actress. Not even her first kiss was private: it was witnessed by millions of people around the world, through the TV screen. She has learnt not to trust boys who look nice on screen but end up being jerks off-camera. That is why she doesn't want to fall in love ever again.
Until this one day, when she becomes a part of the Coyote Hills cast, where her best friend's crush is taking part as well... and he seems different."

For me, this is the book of the month, year and decade. I was seriously stunned when I got into it.

Little story time: I started reading this novel in the middle of a final exams week, so I didn't really have time to dedicate to it. Around page 60, I had to put it down due to lack of time and excess of information, characters and comedic drama.

A couple of weeks later, I picked it up again... THANK GOD. It only lasted two days on my hands. I enjoyed this book so much that I don't know how to put it in words.


It was really interesting to see the cinema world off-camera. I was really amazed by the way the author introduced me to the Hollywood world background.

The characters were awesome! All of them. I loved some of them and disliked some others, but they were all unique as individuals.

I definitely had a great laugh! At some points it was impossible not to laugh or get emotional...

I think Not In The Script is perfectly built and structured. I am really impressed by the author's style.
It grabs you and takes you to a whole new dimension, so you better pick it up when you have free time.

I recommend this novel to all of those readers who love cutesy contemporary novels full of drama and comedy. Definitely one for the YA contemporary lovers!

MY RATING:


No comments:

Post a Comment