Friday, 29 April 2016

Review: An Infinite Number of Parallel Universes by Randy Ribay!


Thank you so much to Merit Press for sending me this amazing review copy.

SUMMARY AND SPOILER-FREE REVIEW:

"As their senior year approaches, four diverse friends joined by their weekly Dungeons & Dragons game struggle to figure out real life. Archie's trying to cope with the lingering effects of his parents' divorce, Mari's considering an opportunity to contact her biological mother, Dante's working up the courage to come out to his friends, and Sam's clinging to a failing relationship. The four eventually embark on a cross-country road trip in an attempt to solve--or to avoid--their problems." 

Stunning story.

I think this novel is great because it teaches you with a very entertaining, funny and emotional story about four friends helping on the road, helping and getting to know each other. I learnt a lot because of this novel, and for that I am thankful.

We all have our struggles, our difficulties and our secrets. Each of us has a particular universe and a way to face it.

Each one of the main characters gets its own chapter for us to get to know them and their background stories as individuals. At first, I was kind of mad because meeting them one by one was slow and a bit boring. However, when all of the characters were already introduced and the story put them all together in the same adventure, I was greatful I read every single one of their individual chapters. I could understand their actions and words because of having previously met them. I was very happy to understand everything that was taking place. 

Besides four strong and complex protagonists, An Infinite Number Of Parallel Universes has amazing secondary characters who bring a lot of substance to the plotline.


The best thing about this book is the amount of times you laugh out loud. Some characters were brilliant! But the most important and beautiful thing about this novel is how much it makes you think and how deep it takes you. Wonderfully done


I could compare this to Paper Towns by John Green, but I actually think this one offers a lot more to the readers. It is full of messages and tips that can change lives.

These characters were created to show people that we are not alone.

Please, give this book a chance, and I promise you won't regret it. Definitely one of my favourite books of the year.

RATING:



No comments:

Post a Comment