Wednesday, 6 April 2016

Marta's Bookshelf: Top 6 Winter reads. |2016|


Hello, Readers!
And Welcome to the 2016 Spring season!

I'm here today to share with you the best books I read in the Winter. I tried to make it a "Top 4", but it was impossible to decide which one to take out of the list. So here you have my Top 6 Winter reads!
  • November 9 by Colleen Hoover. This book. This author. It feels like I read it a lifetime ago, but it was actually in January, so it definitely has to be mentioned. I was so amazed by how greatly structured this novel was. The characters were incredibly defined and powerful. It's definitely an emotional read, and it doesn't matter how many tears you cry, the pain in the chest is way worse. Check out my review for more details.
  • The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey. I absolutely enjoyed this novel and how it was told. For me, the key to this book is the jumping POV and figuring out who the narrator is in each episode. At first I was not sure about giving it a try because I had no interest in zombies or aliens, but it turned out to be a great dystopian read that had nothing to do with what I though it would. Check out my review here.
  • An Infinite Number of Parallel Universes by Randy Ribay. I was not expecting this book to be as perfect as it actually is... What a wonderful surprise. Impossible to put down and incredibly easy to fall in love with the characters and feel for them. I will have my review up very soon, so stay tuned.
  • Identity Crisis by Melissa Schorr. One of the first novels I read in 2016, and one of the bests. The amount of great life messages it has and how realistic it all is... Man, it gets me all the time! My review is linked here.
  • Not In The Script by Amy Finnegan. The surprise! When I first picked it up, I was expecting to like it, not to get obsessed over it. Once you start it you can't put it back down. Some scenes were hilarious, others were painful... But overall, this is a pretty story about love and cinema. My review will be up soon.
Thank you so much for reading me again! Let me know in the comments what your favourite reads of this Winter have been and if you've read any of the previously mentioned.

All the love!

No comments:

Post a Comment