Wednesday, 24 February 2016

Marta's Bookshelf: Top 4 Overrated books.


  • The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson. I perfectly remember being extremely hyped about this novel and picking it up as soon as I had the chance to. Turned out it was far from what I was expecting. I only read half the book because I wasn't enjoying Characters were confusing, not mysterious as the premise promised. I wasn't captivated and I didn't feel the need to keep on reading. I honestly think this book is way too overhyped.
  • Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. I can not be the only one who read this because of the romance. After reading the first book, and barely understanding the plot, I jumped right into the second one. What kept me excited about it was definitely Patch, and I do not think it is a good enough reason to like a book. Hush Hush is a book I would have probably loved a few years back, but there is a lot about supernatural creatures out there as of right now, and I don't think Hush Hush has anything extraordinary. 
  • Looking for Alaska by John Green. Now, do not get me wrong with this. I absolutely loved this novel. I gave it a 4 out of 5 anchors. The thing is, I think it is overrated. At the end of the day it's just a story about college students dealing with drama and building a strong friendship. 
  • After by Anna Todd. Another one I loved. I was obsessed with After when it was a Harry Styles fanfiction, but I do not think it deserves that amount of hype surrounding it. I think there are a lot of stories out there discussing the same topics as this one, and barely no one talks about them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment