Friday, 8 January 2016

Review: Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover!

SYNOPSIS AND SPOILER-FREE REVIEW:

Tate doesn't have the time to fall in love. Miles simply doesn't want to. That is why they decide to follow their physical attraction and get into a no-string relationship. All they have to do is stick to the two rules Miles has for Tate:

Never ask about the past,
Don't expect a future.

That is, of course, until feelings get in between, and promises get broken. Love gets ugly.

I don't know what Colleen Hoover does and how she does it, but whenever I start reading one of her books I'm instantly head over heels in love with the main male character.

I loved Miles right from the beginning. I adored and loved every single thing about him. How private and distant he was, yet how nice and careful he was with Tate. Wonderful.

Oh, Miles. When did I let this happen? When did I decide being broken by fictional characters' pasts and struggles was okay? I would not change a thing, though. This book, and its author, are simply magical.

I really enjoy Colleen Hoover's writing style because she makes it easy to go through her novels, and not exactly because they are typical and don't make you think... Not at all. Colleen's stories are amazing because you can literally see them grow, how she builds them and then how they keep building themselves up until they become a real part of your life.

The pace is always so on point! The relationships she creates are totally believable because they take time to become one and there is no rush that makes them unbelievable. Yes, the situations most of her characters are put in are not easy to find in real life, but she completely makes me believe them. And Ugly Love was not any different. 

The characters were really well built up and had their own defined personalities, which I think is what made them truly believable and unique. There is a really good character development in this novel, and witnessing it is truly amazing because it feels as if you were standing right in front of a picture of their emotions continuously changing and interacting. I love that about Colleen's books: you feel like you know the characters.

Tate and Miles had something that made their love story different and special. Believable. And all the drama surrounding it, their pasts and their presents... All those things were easy and painfully gratifying for me to go through. 

I feel so much for Tate and Miles and every single character Colleen decides to write about... Hell, I was in page one and already in pain for cute little Miles crying at her doorstep.

The great thing about this novel is that we get to know Miles' past and present at the same time, so we find out about about his life along with the characters. I really enjoyed reading his background story and finding out that much about him.

This book did not only break my heart, but also shattered it. It left me breathless, speechless... It shocked me. It amazed me. I literally could not put it down. I did not want to. And it killed me when I got to the last page and realised that that was it. I will never get the chance to read Miles and Tate's story all over again.

I would like to unread Ugly Love just to read it again and love it as much.

MY RATING:


1 comment:

  1. Hola, te he postulado a Mejor Blog. En el link http://elblogdedivel.blogspot.com.co/p/once.html encontrarás las pautas para participar.
    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete