Wednesday, 30 December 2015

Top 15 books of 2015! // Thank-you note.



2015 is coming to its end, and I wanted to share with you the best 15 books I have read this year.
These are not necessarily books that I rated with a 5 anchors, but those that brought something new to my life.
There are books I rated with 5 anchors that are not in this list and it's for no specific reason. I just really felt something different for the books I'll tell you about next:
  • Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover. This is by far the best book I've read this year. I don't know if it's because I read it in one sitting and really connected with the characters, or if it's because the story is simply amazing, but I still can not believe how much I adored this novel. 
  • Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. Never have I felt more identified with a character than I did with Cath. What an awesome writer Rainbow is! So realistic and pure...
  • We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. I remember this story being one of the firsts I reviewed on the blog, an I remember it being chaos. I perfectly remember staying up late to just keep reading. The twist blew me away and put this book in this list right away. 
  • Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. I am pretty sure this novel has meant so much to me because of the love triangle. There is nothing better than a love triangle in a complicated world... Throne of Glass has it all! 
  • Drift by Jenny Alexander. When it comes to this book I am left speechless. All I can say is wow. This novel is so beautiful and real... I recommend it to every single reader out there. Also, I would make this a compulsory read for students, because it covers important topics that no one really talks about. Absolutely wonderful.
  • Slammed by Colleen Hoover. The poetry in this book caught me off guard. I loved it; not just the poetry, but the way it was used in the story. 
  • Legend by Marie Lu. It had been a while since I last read a dystopian novel, and getting into Legend was very refreshing and nice. I highly enjoyed the story and the characters. 
  • Alive by Scott Sigler. What a great story, this one! It was a very unique and special read, with amazingly built characters and scenarios.
  • Cut Both Ways by Carrie Mesrobian. I learnt a lot from this book, and though there are some negative opinions out there, you should definitely check it out and think for yourself. The amount of things you realise after reading this novel is overwhelming.
  • Hopeless by Colleen Hoover. This was my first CoHo book, so it holds a very special part of my heart. It was a deep and hard novel to go through, but it is definitely worth the pain. The love story is brilliant, and the twists can be really spectacular.
  • The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han. I know. Marta, you've read this book every single summer since you first read it, so it technically isn't a 2015 read. Who cares? I love this book to the moon and back, and as I read it again this year, I have every right to put it here. I'm going to love this novel every single year and I'm completely okay with that.
  • Días de Reyes Magos de Emilio Pascual. Esta una de las lecturas obligatorias de cuarto de la ESO en mi instituto, y al principio me daba mucha pereza leerlo por ese motivo. Me alegro muchísimo de haber leído la novela, porque lo que me llevé de ella es mucho más grande que la pereza que sentí al empezarlo. El final me dejó sin palabras, y después de casi un año todavía no he asimilado su belleza. 
  • Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover. What can I say about this other than wow? Colleen never disappoints me, and with Ugly Love it wouldn't be different. I loved this book and flew through it. Definitely one of the best reads of the year. God bless Mrs. Hoover! 
What are the best books you have read this 2015? Leave me a comment with their titles, and maybe link me to some of your reviews! I will check them all!

With all that being said, I want to wish you the best for 2016. I hope we stick together and grow as both people and readers (and bloggers). I can not wait to spend another year in this fun and magical world of book blogging.

Thank you so much to all of you who have checked my posts, followed my blog and other social media, for being such nice supporters.

Thank you to the authors who have trusted me enough to send me their books for me to review: I really appreciate you! And I love reviewing them for you!

Thank you to all of you, my little bookish family, for being part of Marta's Bookshelf. I hope you stay for 2016!

All the love,

MARTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment