Wednesday, 4 November 2015

Marta's Bookshelf: Top 4 Worst spoilers. (Spoiler-free)

I really hate getting spoiled, but getting myself spoiled is the absolute worst thing ever! I spend a lot of time in the Booktube community and Goodreads, so I actually get spoiled a lot.
However, I've also been spoiled by friends, which is crazy! It makes me want to kindly kill them.
Here you have the Top 4 worst spoilers ever!



  • Allegiant by Veronica Roth. You're actually a warrior if you got to the ending knowing nothing. You're my idol if you still don't know anything, really. I read this book the day it came out in Spain, when pretty much everyone had already read it. Until here, we're all okay. But, of course, I couldn't keep myself from looking at the #fourtris tag on Instagram, and well... let's say I read a Tumblr post someone had shared on Instagram. I tried to forget about it and pretend I hadn't read that one thing, and actually ended up believing the lie I made to protect myself from the truth. As Allegiant went on I had to accept I'd spoiled myself. Worst thing ever.
  • Looking for Alaska by John Green. Now, this is a pretty funny story. I was watching a video by LovelyLikeLaura, a fantastic booktuber I've been a fan of for a long time now. The video was called Top 5 Books That Made Me Cry! :'( and she mentioned Looking for Alaska. She also said "if you haven't read this book and don't want to be spoiled, mute this video until the picture on the screen goes away". Guess what? I didn't turn my volume down because I was planning on skipping the video until the picture wasn't there anymore. I guess I calculated wrong, because when I stopped skipping, Laura said the magical words and I was left with a huge what do you mean face. I totally ruined the book for myself and it made me so mad! I only had to turn the volume down! However, I was still able to enjoy the book. Full review here.
  • The Death Cure by James Dashner. I don't even know how I was spoiled for this one. I guess it was one of the times I went into Twitter and Instagram desperate to find cute Thomas pictures. I'm not sure, really. I'm not sure I want to remember either, because that would mean I would end up hating myself. When I finally decided to pick this book up I was so mad at myself that I didn't even have time to be mad at the actual author, who was the one who wrote those things.
  • The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. It was the first hour in the morning when I told a friend I was going to get this book and she was like "oh, yeah" and then she simply told me the ending. What was I supposed to do? I'd just been spoiled in the ugliest way. I mean, I saw it coming, but it wasn't necessary for her to tell me, when in the first place, she hadn't even read the book.


Is there a #Top4 you'd like me to do? Leave a comment on this post. Tweet me (DM too) your suggestion or use the hagstag #MartasBookshelfTop4. You can leave me a comment or DM on Instagram, and email me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment