Wednesday, 14 October 2015

Marta's Bookshelf: Top 4 Creepy books.


  • Alive by Scott Sigler. Scott was good at making me nervous and checking twice behind me while I was alone at home. It has such great creepy elements and, overall, the descriptions of the place where it all happened were absolutely captivating and terrible. Full review here.
  • We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. I know this is a contemporary story and it shouldn't be in the creepy category, but at least for me, it is. The way it makes you feel unsure of what is going o during most part of book was absolutely creepy, and I'm not lying when I say it made me think at night and scared the living hell out of me. It was more like psychological fear and I, in a weird way, loved it. Such a great mind game. Full review here. 
  • The Maze Runner by James Dashner. It's a very intense book and though I read it after watching the movie, I was really kind of scared because I didn't know what to expect. It made me feel trapped. The main idea of the book is being trapped in a maze and I think it was wonderfully represented. 
  • El Príncipe de la Niebla de Carlos Ruíz Zafón. Me enviaron este libro como lectura obligatoria en el instituto, y la verdad, me encantó. Mantuvo el misterio e incluso terror a lo largo de todo el libro. Es verdad que ya lo tengo un poco olvidado, pero recuerdo cómo conseguía asustarme y hacerme cerrar el libro por las noches. Estoy segura de que lo releeré en algún momento y seguiré con la trilogía.  The Prince of Mist by Carlos Ruíz Zafón. I had to read this book for school, and I actually loved it. It kept the mystery and even terror throughout the whole book. It is true that I've already forgotten some things, but I remember being scared and putting it down at night. I'm sure I'll re-read it sometime and get to the rest of the trilogy.
Is there a #Top4 you'd like me to do? Leave a comment on this post. Tweet me (DM too) your suggestion or use the hagstag #MartasBookshelfTop4. You can leave me a comment or DM on Instagram, and email me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment