Monday, 7 September 2015

August 2015 Wrap-Up!


What a great reading month I had! I absolutely enjoyed the books I got to read this month. I know it has nothing to do with what my August 2015 TBR looked like, but I don't care because I had a GREAT month!

  • Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover. I loved the poetry in it and though I had some struggles with some characters, I liked it almost as much as Slammed. I gave it a 4/5 stars. Full review here.
  • Alive by Scott Sigler. I was sent this book for review and I absolutely loved it.  It was very different and unique and had a great writing style. I gave it a 5/5 stars just because it was that good. Full review here.
  • Looking for Alaska by John Green. It's been a while since I wanted to read this and I finally did! I liked it very much. The tragic yet hilarious and adventurous factor John Green perfectly knows how to represent is present throughout the whole story. I gave it a 4/5 stars because even though the beginning was a bit off to me this book deserves such a great rating. We all know what John Green can do with words. Full review here.
  • Drift by Jenny Alexander. I was sent an early PDF review copy from the author herself for review, and I am so glad I read it. This book is probably one of the most beautiful and well written books I've read this year. Not only the tragedy factor and the characters' pain and grief were beautifully represented but also very realistically. I gave it a 5/5 stars. Full review here.
  • The Summer I Turned Pretty Trilogy by Jenny Han. Yes. I re-re-re-read this trilogy. No regrets. I still love it and it's still a 5 stars book to me. It's probably my favourite trilogy out there and I can't go a summer without reading it. I love everything about it. The characters are extremely real and it's easy to feel for and like them. It's impossible not to like it. Full review here.
  • Maybe someday by Colleen Hoover. If I had to choose a book of the month, this would be it. Oh, my God. I read this within a day and absolutely loved it. I really have no words. This book is not only about love but also about music, and well, what would I be without music? I loved getting to listen to an original soundtrack. This book was simply perfect. I gave it a 5/5 stars and would do it over and over again. Full review here.
  • Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas. Well, well, well. What a great fantasy series this one is! As stunning as Throne of Glass. Intriguing, magical and beautiful. I am so in love! I gave it a 4/5 stars. Full review here.

What did you read this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment